We developed this board for ourselves. We do a lot of prototyping of our tube designs and we wanted to have a high-quality non-dedicated prototype board we could re-use. We can now make these boards available to you.
Please see our complete 8 pin project kits and 9 pin project kits as well as our 9 pin prototyping board.
Designed and custom made for Vacuum Tube Supplies, LLC, our boards are made of high quality FR4 epoxy glass which is double-sided. These boards are nearly 1/10 inch thick (0.093) using heavy clad 2oz copper. The boards have an easy-to-solder tin/lead coating and have solder masks top and bottom to minimize solder splashes.
- Designed for Two Octal Belton pcb (printed circuit board) tube sockets with non dedicated pin-outs.
- The board can accommodate any octal pin tube;
- 6SN7, KT88, 6L6, EL34, 5U4, etc.;
- Can be used as a preamplifier or Power amp stage; guitar or HIFI;
- OR ANY PROJECT needing up to 2 Octal tubes.
The boards are 7.75 inch by 4.25 inch - that's over 32 square inches of prototyping space! The tube placements are spaced on 4.05 inch centers to accommodate large power tubes. Tubes can be orientated in any 45-degree position to meet tube specifications. Tube sockets can be mounted on either side. Six 0.150 inch holes are provided for rigid board mounting. The board includes nylon board mounting hardware nuts, bolts, washers and spacers; two bus tracks 0.1 inch wide for heaters/filaments; all other tracks 0.02 inch wide with 0.03 inch minimum clearances; eight non-dedicated bus lines for power B+ etc., which can be interconnected; top and bottom ground planes for low noise; ground planes joined top and bottom with 0.030 spacing to tracks and pads; minimum pad to pad spacing of 0.15 to allow for larger components used in tube circuits; large pad holes (0.059 inch) to allow for large component lead diameters; all holes are plated-through.
- 180+ power buss solder pad connections;
- 525+ component mounting pad connections;
- 48 tube pin out pad connections;
- 15 ground pad connections;
- 16 heater pad connections;
- Over 800+ component mounting holes;
- Tracks join connection pads on both sides of the board for improved connection integrity;
- Solder masks on both sides to minimize solder shorts;
- Components can be mounted on either side of the board;
- Can be used for point-to-point wiring instead of solder tag strips;
- Easy to de-solder.
See our 9 pin project kits as well as our 9 pin prototyping board. They can easily be used in combination to build a complete amplifier for mono blocks, stereo or guitar amp.
IMPORTANT - BE SAFE! By their very nature, vacuum tubes, vacuum tube equipment and associated components operate at inherently high voltages, currents and can be very hot! We want you to be safe and enjoy your projects, whether you do this as a hobby or as a business. It is important to work within your capabilities. If you are not trained or qualified or comfortable working with high voltages and currents seek out professional help, rather than put yourself or others at risk. Vacuum tube equipment and components can cause serious injury or death. Vacuum Tube Supplies, LLC and its associates shall NOT accept any direct, indirect or consequential damages out of the use or purchase of any of our products or services we provide, regardless of the method of delivery to you, including, but not limited to, personal injury or loss of income. Under no circumstances will our liability exceed the purchase price of the product or service provided.